About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Saturday 26 March 2011

Agnes Curran

The weather is Auckland is rather miserable this week-end. It has been wet, grey and very windy. It is a day you would want to stay in and read a good book or watch a movie.

However, my friend (DD) and I still managed to trek ourselves (by car) over to Ponsonby for what is becoming something of a week-end ritual, i.e. brunch at Ponsonby. This time we decided to visit a cafe we had been to previously, Agnes Curran. The first time I was there, which was a few weeks ago, it was a delightful find but I did not have my camera with me then. So this time, with my trusty camera, we had another round of food.

Order of the day was our standard coffee (they really know how to make a good cup of coffee). On top of that I had a passionfruit and white chocolate cheesecake. DD had a lamington with jam and cream. Both were very nice. I believe that so far in our search for the best cups of coffee in Auckland city, Agnes Curran is the front runner.


Lamington with jam and cream

Passionfruit and white cholocate cheesecake

I was initially hesitant about my order but I was assured that the cheesecake is not as rich as it looked. So I did try it out and it was moist and full of passionfruit flavour. The white chocolate was not overwhelmingly sweet.

By the way, DD enjoyed the lamington. I had a bit of it, it was very light and fluffy. Would I recommend fellow travellers to Auckland to try out Agnes Curran. Absolutely!

Agnes Curran
181 Ponsonby Road
Ponsonby
New Zealand

1 comment:

Kin Yuen said...

Presentation, charm and elegance - I want that cheesecake.