About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Brunch at Ponsonby No. 1

I decided to name this posting as Brunch No. 1 as I have been trying out various cafes during week-ends in Auckland. A few week-ends ago, I visited the suburb of Ponsonby. This is an inner city suburb of Auckland. It is known as a hip and trendy suburb (real estate in this suburb can be quite expensive). The well known street is Ponsonby Road and there are loads of restaurants and cafes along this road.

So my friend (DD) and I randomly chose one of the cafes for brunch. I ordered free range scrambled eggs on toast with grilled mushrooms and a cappuccino. Did I enjoy my brunch? Yes I did! The cafe was packed by the way, that is a good sign when venturing in for the first time.

I really must make the effort to remember restaurant/cafe names now that I have started a blog. I think the cafe was called Bambina.

                                      Scrambled eggs on toast with grilled mushrooms.

Ponsonby reminds me of Mosman but it is a hipper suburb. I took a couple of photos around Ponsonby. Here they are.

                                       Ponsonby Road

                                       View of Auckland's Sky Tower from Ponsonby Road, Ponsonby.


No comments: