About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Saturday 26 March 2011

Puhoi

This is a catch up post from a few weeks ago. I visited the town of Puhoi and found it to be a quaint place. The famous Puhoi Valley cheese company is located here and I wanted to visit it for some cheese tasting.

I tried some brie, gouda with sundried tomatoes and gouda with black pepper. I found the gouda to be nice and creamy but I bought some triple cream brie instead. It lasted us for 2 meals. Unfortunately I did not take a picture of the brie but I can assure you it was very nice. I absolutely love a good brie.


  
Puhoi Valley cheese cafe and shop

The pond outside the cafe
The smallest public library I have ever seen

It took us about 35 minutes to arrive at Puhoi from Takapuna, which is not really far away. One thing I have realised about New Zealand; the distance from the city to rural towns is quite short. In Australia it would take about 2 hours at a minimum from Sydney city to arrive at the Hunter Valley (wine and cheese region).

No comments: