About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Monday 30 May 2011

Brunch at Kazbah #2

This time we went as a larger group and managed to get the banquet menu. I went prepared (i.e. no breakfast and was not planning any dinner either).

It was packed with diners. Good that we booked and had a large enough table for 6 adults and 4 kids.

Starters: Sweet cous cous muesli, rice pudding with pears and porridge with dates.
Mains: Lamb tagine, vegetable tagine, turkish bread, pita, platter of potato hash, sausages, bacon, grilled haloumi and grilled tomatoes. In addition there was a platter of scambled eggs, fried eggs sunny side up and poached eggs (all served with either turkish bread or pita bread).
Dessert: Chocolate pancake and Banana pancake.

Sweet cous cous muesli

Porridge with dates

Rice pudding with pears



Platter of haloumi, bacon, tomatoes, potato hash and sausages

Eggs, eggs and eggs

Banana pancake

Can I just say there was so much food and we struggled to finish the dishes off towards the end. In addition some of us had Turkish coffee, watermelon juice with ginger (nice) and mint and spiced tea.
It was an exotic brunch and very much enjoyed by the group.

P/S I loved the rice pudding with pears. I could order that again the next time I visit Kazbah. Once again the lamb tagine was nice and the grilled haloumi was perfectly grilled and had a good texture.

No comments: