About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Monday 5 September 2011

Fathers Day 2011

Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers out there. I did not expect to be involved in a Fathers Day celebration but it was a spontaneous invite from EF and I said yes. So we gathered together for lunch.


It was a casual affair with food contributions by all and what a lovely afternoon we had. I brought some cheese, EF bought some more cheese, made the mini quiche and there was BBQ pork too. PF made some lovely salads (Crispy noodle Asian style salad and Roast pumpkin with feta, tomato and pine nuts).


Nibblies

Cheese

More cheese

NF (the only father in the group) was busily opening all his gifts and we even found time to play a game of the Tipayatung board game. EF was the eventual winner but we had fun playing!

Mini quiches - courtesy of EF

Crispy noodle Asian salad - courtesy of PF

BBQ pork - EF bought from Carlingford

Roast pumpkin, tomato, feta and pine nut salad - courtesy of PF
Dessert was a resounding success. We had buttermilk panna cotta with passionfruit glaze. What a lovely end to a very filling lunch. Dessert was courtesy of CM (Doobie).

Buttermilk panna cotta with passionfruit glaze - courtesy of CM

No comments: