About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Friday 28 October 2011

Leura

Leura is a very popular town in the Blue Mountains and I took the opportunity to enjoy a few hours browsing the stores and enjoying the lovely weather.




When I am in Leura, there are a few stores that I frequent. I really like the villagey feel in Leura (is there such a word as villagey?). It seems to have many regulars/locals frequenting the shops. I have not been here for two years and one obvious difference is that Woolworths is now in town. That was a surprise. I guess it would be convenient for the locals and tourists to shop for groceries while in Leura. As a matter of fact, I took the opportunity to get some groceries while I was there.

The stores I like to browse at are Ophelia's Emporium (great array of accessories, handbags, personal items). There is the Cat's Meow which is a home decoration store with home ware interspersed among all the house deco.




There is a quaint Christmas themed store which sells all things Christmas. It has been there since goodness knows when. It is always nice to come back here and see the familiar stores. The Josophan Cafe is now Madeleine's Cafe. Josophan Fine Chocolates has moved across the road to the Leura Mall and is now a dedicated chocolate shop.





I had an early lunch at the Leura Gourmet Cafe & Deli. I like visiting this store for its really nice range of jams, chutneys, relishes, olive oils, dukkah etc. Need I go on? When I do come here, I make the effort to purchase their triple berry jam. Delicious! They make for very good Christmas presents. For lunch I had the pasta of the day which turned out to be penne with smoked salmon, capers and red onion served in a cream sauce. The food at the cafe is the standard cafe fare but it is the view from the cafe which attracts patrons. It has floor to ceiling glass windows which looks down to the valley. Beautiful and what a lovely and relaxing sight!






 There is also the very fine stationery store 'Elisabeth Rosa'. I really like this store for all it's beautiful and sometimes expensive stationery. Some of them are just too pretty to be used.

The Leura Whisk is a fine kitchen ware store. It is a very popular store and has so many of the current designs for all things kitchen. So tempting!

Last but not least, there is the famous Candy Store. Who has entered this store and managed to resist not buying a single thing?



It was nice to be back here. Did I leave without spending some money? What do you think?

For those of you who do not know where Leura is, it is located in the Blue Mountains outside of Sydney in Australia.

1 comment:

Kevin Yong said...

Did you find any unique marshmallows like in Epping, NSW?