About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Saturday 31 March 2012

Sugaroom



Sugaroom is located in Pyrmont and the surroundings are so peaceful. How lovely it is to be sitting at the table and looking out to the wharf with a communal park literally next to the restaurant. As we sat there, the sun was setting and it was relaxing just enjoying the sunset colors of Johnstons Bay.



It was a nice start to a lovely evening. I must say I was surprised at the quality of the food we had, it was above my expectations and it was sweetened by the special deal that Sugaroom has been having. 2 course for $45 or 3 course for $60. We chose the $60 deal and we thoroughly enjoyed all our dishes.

My friend AK suggested we share our plates (i.e. have half the dish then switch). What a great idea. It meant we had all 6 dishes each, not just mouthfuls but a real portion of each dish.

The entrees we chose were Prawn stuffed zucchini flowers with a tomato and red capsicum salsa (one of the daily specials) and Shiraz and eschallot chives liver pâté with cumquat jam and croute with mini gherkins. I so love a good chicken liver pâté, it was creamy and it went well with the slightly tangy cumquat and for some reason I actually enjoyed the gherkins on the pate. I typically do not like gherkins. The zucchini flowers were absolutely delicious! I could have had the whole plate.


Prawn stuffed zucchini flowers

Chicken liver pate

For mains, we chose the Prosciutto wrapped chicken breast with red pepper and marjoram quinoa with asparagus. The other main was a daily special of Caramelised pork belly with bok choy and crispy shallots. Both dishes were very tasty and we are them all up. The pork belly had subtle Asian flavours, there were flavours of ginger, sesame oil in the dish. It was surprisingly good!


Prosciutto wrapped chicken breast with quinoa

Caramelised pork belly

For desserts, we chose Chocolate creme brûlée with raspberry marshmallow and macerated strawberries & Pear and cinnamon tarte tatin with honeycomb ice cream and butterscotch sauce. We loved them! AK was initially not too sure of the thought of a chocolate creme brûlée but it turned out beautifully.


Pear and cinnamon tarte tatin

Chocolate creme brulee

We felt comfortably full after all that. A lovely evening of good food, wonderful fellowship with AK and discovering this good restaurant that I intend return to one day.

Sugaroom is an under rated restaurant. I am so glad I finally took the opportunity to dine there. Please do consider this restaurant when you next eat out. I don't believe you will be disappointed.

Sugaroom Restaurant & Wine Bar on Urbanspoon

Sugaroom
2/1 Harris Street,
Pyrmont
NSW 2009
Australia
Website: www.sugaroom.com.au


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Anushka said...

I would highly recommend visiting this place. The 3 course meal for $60 offer was incredibly good value for money. I wouldn't mind visiting this place again Cindy! ;)