About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Cinnamon, Cherry and Pear Muffins

This recipe is sourced from the Taste website. I have tried it a couple of times and have found it to be a good one to keep. Bear in mind that the ingredients listed is designed for 4 muffins. When I made for 8, I literally doubled the amounts of each ingredient.



Ingredients
1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons caster sugar
50g reduced-fat canola spread, melted, cooled
1/3 cup skim milk
1 egg
1/2 cup canned seedless black cherries, drained, halved
1/2 cup canned pears, drained, chopped
pure icing sugar, to serve

Method
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Lightly grease four 3/4-cup capacity texas muffin pan holes (I used muffin wraps instead).
3. Combine flour, cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
4. Make a well in the centre.
5. Whisk melted spread, milk and egg in a jug (I used a glass bowl).
6. Pour into well.
7. Add cherries and pears.
8. Stir gently using a large metal spoon until just combined (do not over-mix).
9. Three-quarter fill each muffin hole with mixture.
10. Bake for 20 to 24 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
11. Stand muffins in pan for 4 minutes.
12. Turn out onto wire rack to cool slightly.
13. Dust with icing sugar.
14. Serve warm.

Taste website: www.taste.com.au

3 comments:

Charmaine said...

These muffins are superlicious..moist and not too sweet.

Doug said...

A perfect dinner substitute ;)

EF said...

So glad you posted the recipe Cinds! Now I can try making them.