About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Encasa Deli

Encasa Deli is a relatively new Spanish delicatessen located in the heart of the Sydney CBD. I read about it when it first opened last year via the Good Living Magazine courtesy of the Sydney Morning Herald.



In addition to the deli section, there is a cafe area for people to sit down for a cup of coffee or sample one of their bocadillos. Bocadillos are the Spanish equivalent of the Italian paninis. Their menu range for the bocadillos are quite extensive and looks delicious. I must return here to try them out.



Today my visit was to purchase specific ingredients for my upcoming paella dish. I bought some smoked paprika, saffron threads, some really delicious chorizo and Calasparra rice. It was towards the end of the day so the store was quite empty but they allowed me to take some pictures of which I did quite happily.



If you haven't been to a Spanish deli, I suggest you drop by Encasa Deli. The location in the city makes it very convenient for Sydney siders to visit.

Encasa Deli
135 Bathurst Street
Sydney
NSW 2000
Website: www.encasadeli.com.au



2 comments:

Charmaine said...

is this deli towards Elizabeth St? Might take a walk during lunch one day to check it out.

Cindy said...

I finally worked it out! Duh!
Yes, it is towards Elizabeth Street and located on the right hand side of Bathurst Street.