About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Saturday 5 May 2012

Patisse

Patisse is located in Waterloo on Young Street. After our lunch at Cafe Sopra (see Fratelli Fresh and Cafe Sopra) we walked around Dank Street. I saw Sonoma Bakery which had quite a few patrons. The bread looked delicious.



We browsed the various art galleries, there were some interesting painting and metal works. After all the browsing and walking it was time for our coffee hit and dessert. We went to Patisse and loved looking at all the colourful desserts on display.

Some of the tempting desserts!

What colourful macarons!

Meringues galore - they were for sale too! 

We saw Vincent Gadan, the Executive Chef, walk through the cafe. He does strut like a Frenchman, that's for sure!

So what did we end up having? I chose the Pistachio and rose cake and CM chose the Berry buchette with beetroot brownie. Both were very delicious but it did fill us up quite quickly.

Berry Buchette

Pistachio and rose cake

P/S we bought some macarons home and they were nice too!

Patisse
Shop G01, PYD Building
197 Young Street
Waterloo
NSW 2017
Website: www.patisse.com.au


2 comments:

Doug said...

I tried the pistachio and rose cake last year. Very tasty. Though it was definitely a dish to share. No scrimping on the butter!

This post prompted a visit to a closed Patisse today. Guess we will have to wait till next weekend for the macarons :-)

Charmaine said...

We had the Opera Gateau on our 1st visit. It was so smooth and delicious.